don't anyone laugh. buying a new PC is not an option for me. I have much more pressing money needs that a new PC. I just want it to run a little better.
my PC is probably 10 years old. it has 256MB of RAM. everything I have found on the net tells me that it can be upgraded to 512MB RAM. I've tired a few years ago to upgrade it but coudn't make it work. again I've tried to get it to work and nothing. here is what I've gotten so far.
eMachines T1110 Memory Specifications
Standard Memory 256 MB (removable)
Maximum Memory 512 MB
Memory Expansion 2 sockets
Memory Comments PC100/PC133 SDRAM Modules
CPU Type 1GHz Intel Celeron
Model Comments 100MHz FSB, Intel 810 Chipset
Memory Upgrade for eMachines eMachines T1110 Computer, the eMachines eMachines T1110 Computer takes the PC100/PC133 SDRAM Modules Memory Type, and comes installed with 256 MB (removable) of Memory. You can upgrade your eMachines eMachines T1110 Computer to up to a maximum of 512 MB Memory, the system has 2 sockets to install Memory, already with 256 MB (removable) standard Memory installed. For best Computer performance use the maximum amount of allowed Memory per slot for your Computer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after ordering a stick of ram and trying to install here is where I'm at
got the new RAM in Friday. finally got around to trying to install today. Same thing that happened last time I tired to upgrade. put in the new stick of RAM and here what happens. turn the PC on and it will come up with the Emachine screen twice then takes me to the screen asking me how to restart the PC, safe mode, normal........ no matter what I try it will not go past the EMachine start up screen. I double checked the new stick of ram before I put it in it looked pretty much the same as the old.
2 notches in it
256MB, Sync, 133MHz, CL3
32mX64 SDRAM
PC133-333-520 is what is on the old stick of ram.
I left the new stick of ram installed in the 2nd slot and pulled out the old one and the PC boots just fine.
I'm going to switch the ram out and list what the new on has printed on it.
OK, got the new stick out and the old back in. here is what is on the new stick of RAM
256MB, Sync, 133MHz, CL3
FMSD32X64 133LD168 256MB PC133 DIMM
PC133U-333-542-A






Bookmarks